Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Course
The Certified Flight Instructor Course is the beginning of learning to teach helicopter students of your own. You will fly left seat instead of right and begin teaching maneuvers to your flight instructor both in the air and on the ground. Ultimately, this course will prepare you for the FAA checkride and, soon, your first job as a helicopter pilot.
This comprehensive, mentor-guided course of study is a learning experience in which Epic Helicopters invests a substantial amount of time in developing our CFI candidates. This course is taught by highly experienced instructors with a focus on molding candidates to be the best instructors in the industry. This course is taught on the principle of producing safety-minded, competent and confident aviators and relaying those teachings to students for years to come.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Read, speak, write and understand English
- Pass the FAA Fundamentals of Instruction and CFI written tests before course completion
- Must have a FAA Commercial Pilot license in helicopters
- Must hold at least a current third class medical certificate
* Rates listed are block rates, available when customer chooses cash deposit option of $3,000 deposit increments. Add $10/hr for regular rate on aircraft rental. Prices for books & supplies, the knowledge test, the FAA’s practical test and your medical certificate may vary slightly.
CFI (R22 Helicopter Option)
|Dual Flight Instruction (left seat)||25||$305||$7,625|
|Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Course Total||$10,395|
CFI (R44 Helicopter Option)
|Dual Flight Instruction (left seat)||25||$575||$14,375|
|Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) Course Total||$17,145|