Commercial Airplane (SEL) Additional Rating
A Commercial Airplane (SEL) Pilot Additional Rating allows you to add an airplane category and airplane class ratings to your existing pilot license. An Instrument Rating is not required to complete this course, although recommended for pilots on our Career Program.
- Must have an FAA Private Helicopter Pilot certificate, OR
- Must have an FAA Commercial Helicopter certificate
- Read, speak, write and understand English
- Hold at least a current 3rd class medical certificate
- Be 18 years of age or older
* Hours are based on Part 61 FAA minimums, not average completion times. Candidates with no airplane experience will likely require an average of 10 more hours of dual flight instruction. Rates listed for the aircraft are block rates, available when customer chooses cash deposit option of $3,000 deposit increments. Add $10/hr for regular rate on aircraft rental. Prices for books & supplies, the knowledge test, the FAA’s practical test and your medical certificate may vary slightly.
|Dual Flight Instruction||55.0||$210||$11,550|
|Dual Simulator Instruction||N/A||$0||$0|
|Commercial Airplane (SEL) Additional Rating Total||$12,600|