Commercial Helicopter Pilot Additional Rating
A Commercial Helicopter Pilot Additional Rating allows you to add a rotorcraft category and helicopter class ratings to your existing Pilot license. An Instrument Rating is not required to complete this course, although recommended for pilots on our Career Program.
- Candidates must hold at minimum a Private Pilot license for airplanes.
- Read, speak, write and understand English
- Hold at least a current 3rd class medical certificate
- Be 18 years of age or older
* Hours are based on Part 61 FAA minimums, not average completion times. Candidates with no helicopter experience will likely require an average of 10 more hours of dual flight instruction. Rates listed for the R22 are block rates, available when customer chooses cash deposit option of $3,000 deposit increments. Add $10/hr for regular rate on aircraft rental. Prices for books & supplies, the knowledge test, the FAA’s practical test and your medical certificate may vary slightly.
|Dual Flight Instruction||20.0||$290||$5,800|
|Books and Supplies||N/A||$100||$100|
|FAA Practical Test||N/A||$400||$400|
|Commercial Helicopter Pilot Additional Rating Total||$14,250|