Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Course
The Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Course is designed for pilots seeking initial or recurrent night vision goggle training. This course will satisfy the requirements set forth in 14 CFR Part 61.31(k).
The Bell 407 helicopter is used to conduct night vision goggle flight training for this course.
Ground Training Content:
- Regulations pertaining to night vision goggle limitations and flight operations
- Aeromedical factors related to the use of night vision goggles
- Normal, abnormal and emergency operations of night vision goggle equipment
- Performance and scene interpretation
- Flight planning for night vision goggle operations
- Terrain interpretation
Flight Training Content:
- Preflight and the use of internal and external aircraft lighting systems for NVG operations
- Preparation of NVG equipment for NVG operations
- Piloting techniques when using NVG during takeoff, climb, enroute, descent and landing
- Normal, abnormal and emergency flight operations using NVGs.
- Hold at least an FAA Private Helicopter Pilot license
- Hold at least a third class medical certificate