Private Pilot Additional Rating
A Private Pilot Additional Rating allows you to add a rotorcraft category and helicopter class ratings to your existing pilot license.
- Candidates must hold at minimum a Private Pilot license for airplanes.
- Read, speak, write and understand English
- Hold at least a current 3rd class medical certificate
- Be 18 years of age or older
* Hours are based on Part 141 FAA minimums, not average completion times. Candidates with no helicopter experience will likely require an average of 10 more hours of dual flight instruction. Rates listed for the R22 are block rates, available when customer chooses cash deposit option of $3,000 deposit increments. Add $10/hr for regular rate on aircraft rental. Prices for books & supplies, the knowledge test, the FAA’s practical test and your medical certificate may vary slightly.
For pilots with previous helicopter experience, Part 61 is a option with a tailored curriculum based on your needs. Please call for additional details and pricing.
R-22 students should be under 220 lbs flight weight. R-44 students must be under 300 lbs flight weight.
Robinson R-22 Option
|Dual Flight Instruction||20.0||$305||$6,100|
|Private Pilot Additional Rating Total||$7,650|
Robinson R-44 Option
|Dual Flight Instruction||20.0||$575||$11,500|
|Private Pilot Additional Rating Total||$13,050|