R66 Turbine Transition Course (Recurrent)
The R66 Turbine Transition Course (Recurrent) is taught in the Robinson R66 five seat turbine-powered helicopter. The course can be completed in one day and includes 2 hours of ground instruction, 3 hours of flight time and 1 hour of pre and post-flight briefing.
This course is designed for rated helicopter pilots that have previously attended Epic Helicopters' R66 Turbine Transition Course (Initial). This course will provide the Trainee with a current flight review.
- Hold at least a Private Pilot Rotorcraft-Helicopter certificate
- Hold at least a current third class medical certificate.
- Have previously graduated from the R66 Turbine Transition Course (Initial)
- Note: The Trainee is not required to have a current flight review or current SFAR 73 sign-offs.
Ground Training Content
Ground training is conducted over 1 lesson that is 2 hours. The Trainee will also review knowledge areas required for a flight review, pursuant to 14 CFR 61.56. A satisfactory flight review is at the sole discretion of the instructor as to whether the pilot demonstrates the safe exercise of the privileges of the pilot certificate held.
- R66 systems and descriptions
- R66 applicable Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Service Letters and other manufacturer updates
- Performance and limitations
- Normal and emergency procedures
R66 Flight Training
Flight training is conducted over 2 flight lessons.
- Flight Maneuvers
- Rapid decelerations
- Advanced autorotations
- Hover autorotations
- Slope landings
- Pinnacle operations
- Settling with power
- Hydraulics failure
- Shallow approach to running landing
- Enroute and off-airport operations
- Confined area operations
- Inadvertent IMC
- Unusual flight attitude recovery
- Emergency procedures
|Dual Flight Instruction||3||$990||$2,970|
|R66 Turbine Transition Course (Recurrent) Total||$3,135|